Monday, August 01, 2005

oh my gosh...i juz came back from a very rare exciting day...cuz it's the school of rock!hurhur..all the party begins that very afternoon at 1pm...met a guy from 25/05 and I had no qualms about criticizing that vp who views things purely from an admin point of view.to hell with such an ass who doesn't give a damn about student welfare

and i think i should have come earlier as there are now more than 1000 ppl at the open plaza and Serene(my CHC friend) and her fren had to battle their way through the thick crowd..haha seems like my propaganda have worked..half of 35 not withstanding,there's also some good frens,finn and lp..of course all the eternal loop fans,outnumbered by 3-1 fans 3 to 1 put on a spirited fight and yelled..i don't think i should comment whether they screwed their performance or not,but at least most of the non 3-1 fans voted for us,that's why eternal loop is the audience's choice.at the dying minutes when audiobreakout and 3-1 battles for that coveted prize,i decided to 'cast my vote' to 3-1 and they got rewarded for their showmanship.hahaha!i want their album!

but what pissed me off,ironically isn't the small quantity of people who came,but something after Loop had performed.I was talking to Serene and her friend beside the pretzel and lemonade booth(aunty anne's i think) and i saw Miss S.I mean,I don't believe it,but i think she just ignored my propaganda..but some Cedarians are that dao.I know some whould criticize me for this,but i just saw her whizz past.no wonder Clarence didn't taunt me about sourgraping for nothing.(a disclaimer though:don't confuse Miss S with the ex LJB one.I don't call the ex LJB one Miss S.juz plain old Serene.ask my CHC friends if you don't believe it.and the Rafflesians in AJC would know nothing much about the real Miss S.some would criticize my apparent no taste in incurring a larger opportunity cost).and be forewarned about someone who looks very much like miss S.makes me appreciate Pooh more...ooh

whatever that was after I finished my brandied cherry-rum and raisin sundae,complete with chocolate fudge and raisins,a teetotaler's nightmare that i bought from haagen daaze-why such a name cuz they are the best around.the phenolic taste of the brandied cherry,the strong rum taste in the raisins and the chocolate fudge really made me felt even more bittersweet after i finished my last drip.only Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia comes close

dinner was at Straits Kitchen,Grand Hyatt.definitely brilliant local delights that warrants a walk through the busy Orchard area from Meritus to Hyatt.I just hope my prom nite next year would be at either place..whatever the case,the place was kinda fully booked,so the staff told the 4 of us that we've to finish by 2015.i don't usually extend dinner to more than 1.5h,so that suits me fine given we arrived at 1835bleah i don't usually start a buffet without soup,but seeing that i can't find any,i decided to attack the chinese cze char section..or jian is quite good,mum say fried rice also good..whatever the case had a great time raiding the peranakan food corner,complete with the spices..downside?i filled myself to the brim.so no time 4 laksa or rojak.or pancakes for that matter

in the Hyatt,you get a hell lot of de creme de la creme clientele.believe it or not,Rafflesians(RJC,RI,RGS),the principal of RJC.this person needs no introduction(check back to one of my Oct 2004 posts 4 details).half way through my meal,i checked the table that was sandwiched between the chicken rice corner and the indian open kitchen and there you have it

and he was right behind me while i was trying in vain to get some malt candy on my chopsticks.it's nearing the home stretch of my meal so i guess i did the logical thing to do:strike up a conversation.due to the sensitive nature of some parts of the conversation,especially where the taupok is concerned(memories flood back) i decided not to post the whole dialogue.my memory would have been too small for that encounter

there ends an awesome day...and much more to follow.especially the mayor debate series

No comments: