Monday, February 19, 2007

5 days at sapporo

Sapporo has been a rocking good city.after Tokyo and Osaka--brilliant I must say,except for a few quirky stuff

Friday: from Chitose/Sapporo it's a long drawn ride to some funny place called Tokachigawa where there's lots of onsen(hot springs) and many a chance to experience traditional Japanese living/hospitality.I wont go into the details here but it's a refreshing way to end a day which includes a crazy 5 hour plus ride to the hotel.nothing much to see actually,so well.but thats when the rest of us are celebrating CNY in school

Saturday: Lake Akan. appropriately a reserve,just like what you do in Canada but way more sophisticated.they got fireworks in one of the big carnivals where there are lots of snow sculptures. Bro got his shoes ripped off,so I enjoyed sushi at a shop in Kushiro while he was rushing to buy shoes,in time for the romantic train ride to some other place.a quaint coal fired train that emits a lot of smoke to the dismay of environmentalists

Sunday* happy new year! too bad contraband lifesize handcuffs are banned in Singapore,so I wasted money at the ice observatory.would have liked a jackass-esque present for the rest. basically another hot spring awaits. this time another ice sculpture exhibition,with snow(at long last)

Today: another wicked trip to sapporo with a detour at Otaru. now that I'm ensconced in the hotel I'm enjoying the chocolates tonight

will update when I return since I'm paying 100¥ per 10 minutes

No comments: